Excel: Beyond the Basics and Master Pivot Tables
- Flexible Learning: Instruction is all online with deadlines set by instructor
- Time Commitment: Each class is 2 hours long and followed by 2 hours of coaching
- Length of Program: Each class is only one day
- Beginner: Sept. 29, 10 am - Noon or Oct. 14, 2 pm - 4 pm
- Intermediate: Nov. 10, 6pm - 8pm
*All applications must be received by November 20th for consideration.
These interactive online programs are designed to familiarize students to the Excel interface, navigation of tools, spreadsheet terminology, and fundamental organization concepts that are essential to creating and presenting dynamic worksheets in Excel.
Excel: Beyond the Basics will cover templates, Excel’s formulas and functions, PMT lookups and data validation.
Master Pivot Tables will build on what you learn in Excel: Beyond the Basics and teach you how to prepare data for pivot tables, create pivot tables and charts, format, filter, and so much more.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of both classes, you will understand:
- Named Ranges
- Formulas vs. Functions
- Absolute vs. Relative Referencing
- If Function (Basic Introduction)
- Vlookup Function (Basic Introduction)
- PMT Function
- Data Validation
- Conditional Formatting
- Sorting & Filtering
- Charts – Pie, Combination, Dual Axis, List
- How to prepare data
- Create Pivot Table
- Organize Data
- Change Data/Refresh
- Pivot Charts
- Pivot Tables vs. PowerPivot
The skills taught in this program apply to any position where managing data is important. Sales, science, and database management.
Mastery of Excel and Pivot Tables is a marketable skill.
We recommend that you have the following to participate in this program:
- Basic computer skills
- HS diploma or GED