General English & Project Management
- Instruction is in-person
- Time Commitment: 8-10 hours per week
- Total Length of Program: 16-32 weeks (based on placement)
- General English classes are held Monday - Thursday from 6pm-8pm (no class on Friday) .
Most Project Management classes will be held on Wednesdays from 9am - 4pm. Some classes are available Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6pm - 9pm.
- Program Dates:
- 8/23/21 - 4/29/22
- Priority application deadline: July 11
This course is for beginning and intermediate English speakers. Students will take a placement test to determine the best class for them.
This course combines English language instruction with project management skills. These skills are needed in a wide range of fields, including construction, manufacturing, finance, education, and more.
In General English, you will learn English grammar, reading, listening, speaking, and writing. You will meet in person and study online. A limited number of laptops will be available for students to check out during the course.
In Project Management, you will learn project management skills, including Agile, risk management, and communication. These skills will prepare you for management positions in a wide range of fields.
Students will have access to a student support coach throughout this program and will work with a business relations specialist to prepare for the job market.
If this sounds like something you want to try, please apply!
What You Will Learn
- Beginning-Intermediate English Language Instruction
- Agile 101
- Project Management Fundamentals I
- Project Management Fundamentals II
- Project Risk Management
- Project Leadership, Teambuilding, and Communication
- Building Teams of Trust, Collaboration, and Results
- Feedback, Expectations, and Delegation for Effective Managers
- Managing Generational Diversity
Bilingual project managers are in high demand in many areas, especially construction and manufacturing. The average salary for a project manager in Utah is $67,595 per year.
To be successful in this program, you will need a HS diploma or GED. Experience in managing projects is helpful but not required.