- Flexible Learning: Instruction is all online with deadlines set by instructor
- Time Commitment: Approx. 6 hours a week
- Length of Program: Fall 2020 (8 weeks)
- First Cohort: September 3 – October 27, 2020
- Second Cohort: October 12 – December 7, 2020
- Third Cohort: October 28 - December 16, 2020
*All applications must be received by November 20th for consideration.
This program will provide students with an introduction to the skills and knowledge needed to pursue a career in instructional design. Topics covered include careers in ID, adult education and cognitive learning theory, ADDIE, AGILE/SAM, curriculum design, learning management systems, authoring tools, and other educational technologies. The program also provides instruction on working with subject matter experts and conducting a needs analysis and will review the basic tools and techniques used in instructional design. Accessibility, assessments, and diagnostics will also be covered.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Apply cognitive learning theory to the courses that you create online.
- Use learning management systems.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to provide the best online learning option for the subject.
The skills taught in this program are increasingly in demand as instruction moves online. These skills will be valuable now and in the future.
We recommend that you have the following to participate in this program:
- Basic computer skills
- HS diploma or GED