- Flexible Learning: Instruction is self-paced and all online.
- Time Commitment: Approx. 10 hours a week
- Length of Program: 24 weeks
- Start Date: September 2020
- End Date: April 2021
*All applications must be received by November 20th for consideration
This course is full and enrollment is closed at this time.
This program prepares students to advance their career as an effective medical assistant in a clinical setting. This program is presented online and is self-paced. At the end of the program, students will be ready to participate in Clinical Externship. This program will provide students with the skills and knowledge to earn the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA).
If this sounds like something you want to get into, please apply! Under the Learn and Work in Utah program, your tuition is covered in full if you complete the program in the time allotted.
What You Will Learn
This program covers the following topics:
- Computer fundamentals, Word and Excel
- Healthcare organization and structure and careers as a medical assistant
- Medical ethics and medical jargon
- Medical office procedures and office management
- Routine patient care
- Clinical simulations
- Final exam preparation
Presented in partnership with Career Step
We expect a 23% growth in the medical assistant field by 2024, making this one of largest job sectors in the U.S. over the next three years. There is increasing demand in Utah for medical assistants.
To be successful in this program, you will need to have the following knowledge or experience:
- HS diploma or GED